Cookbook & Recipes
Home > Cookbook & Recipes
Caramelized Pineapple Napoleon
Recipe Submitted by the Afton House Inn (Historic)
12 each slices pineapple
4 tablespoons sugar
For the tuile:
2 ¾ ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 ¾ ounces powdered sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon corn syrup
1 ½ ounces flour
2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
1. In a mixer cream the soft butter with the sugar. Add the corn syrup & mix to combine. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Incorporate the flour.
2. On a parchment lined baking sheet, thinly spread the batter into 12 2 inch circles. Sprinkle each with a half tablespoon of toasted coconut. Bake in a 350*F oven approximately 3-4 minutes, or until caramel brown in color.
For the coconut sorbet:
4 ½ ounces simple syrup (equal parts sugar & water)
2 ½ ounces water
½ each lemon, juiced
½ each egg white
7 ounces coconut milk, unsweetened
1. Thoroughly mix all ingredients. Place in an ice cream maker & churn until frozen.
2. If an ice cream maker is not available, pour the mixture into a freezer-proof container. Scrape with a fork every once in a while as the ice crystals begin to form.
1. Place the pineapple slices on a plate & sprinkle with sugar. With a blow torch caramelize the sugar on top until golden brown, being careful not to burn the edges.
2. Starting with a tuile, alternate tuile & caramelized pineapple, stacking three high. Top with coconut sorbet. Drizzle the plate with vanilla sauce & raspberry sauce.
© 2015, All Rights Reserved. Website by InsideOut Solutions