Home > Membership Info
- 2015/16 Benefits of Joining MBBA
- 2015/16 Membership Renewal Application
- 2015/16 New Member Application
- Learn about our Quality Assurance Program
- Gift Shop pay for memberships and more, securely, online
2015 Joint Conference Details:
- 2015 Conference Announced!
It's a success! The Minnesota and Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Associations have teamed up again for a joint conference on November 8, 9 & 10 (Sunday - Tuesday) in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. At first blush, this may seem like a long drive to attend a conference, however, it is actually an opportunity to provide our members with a conference bolstered by the advantages of larger attendance numbers, which generate higher quality speakers and increased education and networking chances. Last years joint conference was history-making with 150 in attendance, five states represented and a 43 vendor/exhibitor trade show. An Aspiring Innkeepers workshop will also be featured at the conference.
2015 INNKEEPER CONFERENCE and TRADE SHOW
East or West - B&Bs Are Best!
November 8-10, 2015
Holiday Inn South I-94
4751 Owen Ayres Court Eau Claire, WI 54701
Call 715-830-9889 for the "B&B Conference" rate of $99.95 (double occupancy)
Conference Program - the innkeeping trends and topics you want to hear!
We warmly welcome The B&B Team, lead by Rick Wolf and Peter Scherman, back to Wisconsin. Rick & Peter joined us at our 2010 conference, and it's time to get an update on the guest trends and operational insights from their experience and perspective. The B&B Team's mission is to assist innkeepers and future innkeepers in reaching your personal and financial goals in the Innkeeping industry. Whether you are looking to purchase an inn, sell your inn, or maximize your efficiency, marketing, and operations, Rick and Peter will speak with experience as innkeepers, brokers, and consultants.
How to gain guest loyalty from millennials to boomers
Inns that are adapting to changing customer profiles are enjoying the benefits of a growing and more affluent millennial clientele who are seeking experiences as a part of their stay. We have been speaking about the importance of appealing to younger generations for years and have seen the positive impact on the bottom line that this focus has delivered to those innkeepers who have embraced the younger generations.
Complete the Package: Branding your inn for maximum loyalty
We all know about great brands. Nike, FedEx, Coca Cola. But Innkeepers often don’t consider the brand of their inn. But an inn’s brand is their biggest asset and is a critical part of generating guest loyalty. By understanding the five essential elements of successful brands, whether large or small, innkeepers should learn how to develop their own distinctive brand.
Innkeepers exit strategy – will you be ready?
Innkeepers always ask about what their inn is worth and how to plan to sell one day. Having an effective exit strategy requires understanding what goes into preparing yourself for that eventuality. By running your business every day for maximum value and understanding the importance of the marketplace, innkeepers can plan for the future and understand what can impact their exit.
10 Mistakes you might be making that can cost you money
Some of the most important pieces of a successful inn business are often small things that are easily overlooked. From what seem the most obvious to others that are harder to grasp, success comes from paying attention to ALL the details! What are YOU doing that might be costing you business?
Here's a portion of our growing list of presenters:
- InsideOut Solutions, Pat McCauley - Getting the most from your state B&B association website listing
- The Tiffany Agency, Dave & Tammara Tiffany - B&B Insurance: What you need to know ... now
- Velocity Payment Systems, Dave Allen - EMV/Chip Cards: Your questions answered
- Victorian House Scones - Deb Anderson, The Scone Lady
- Turkish Towel Company, Twyla Sickmiller
. . . and that's just the beginning!
Sunday, November 8:
8:00am-4:00pm Aspiring Innkeeper Seminar
12:30-4:00pm Education Intensive + Lunch by bedandbreakfast.com
5:00-9:00pm Get on the bus for the tour and beer tasting at the Leine Lodge, and BBQ dinner
Monday, November 9:
WBBA Membership Meeting
MBBA Membership Meeting
General & Breakout Sessions
Vendors / Exhibitors in the pre-function area
Tuesday, November 10:
8:00am-12noon Trade Show
Lunch / Vendor Program
TRADE SHOW INFORMATION:
On Monday November 9, our conference space allows up to 15 industry vendor partners to ‘open for business’ a day early.
On Tuesday November 10, our TRADE SHOW dedicated space accommodates a total of about 40 industry vendor partners - and we welcomed 40 businesses at our 2014 conference.
During the TRADE SHOW, no other events are scheduled from 8 am to 12 pm – so innkeepers and vendors have each other’s undivided attention!
Lunch immediately follows with the Industry Vendor Program: each briefly introduces their business and (if they participated) draws the winning business card from those collected at their booth.
- MBBA Blog - Set-up to increase traffic to the MBBA Web site and to give MBBA members an excellent venue for marketing their inn's web site on the internet without incurring any cost -- an excellent member benefit for the members that use it.
- MBBA Gift Certificate Program - The MBBA sells many gift certificates each year. If you are not already a participating member, you might want to consider this program.
- MBBA Valid Gift Certificates - Check here to see if a gift certificate is valid for redemption.
- Beginner and Refresher Workbook - Purchase it here!
- Aspiring Innkeepers Workshop - Sunday, Novmeber 8: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, Eau Claire, WI as part of the Annual Joint MBBA/WBBA Conference.
Do you want to sell your products to the B&B industry?
- Join the MBBA as an Associate Member (provide service/products to the B&B industry)
- Membership Application to become an Associate Member
Advertisers from our Guidebook include:
New Ulm - Call: 507-233-4300
Minnesota Trails - Call: 320-266-5132
© 2015, All Rights Reserved. Website by InsideOut Solutions