Home > Membership Info > Joining
- 2015/16 Benefits of Joining MBBA
- 2015/16 Membership Renewal Application
- 2015/16 New Member Application
- Gift Shop pay for memberships and more, securely, online
The Minnesota B & B Association
So what do I get for my dues?
We raise public awareness . . . marketing, marketing, marketing!
- Our consumer Web site, www.minnesotabedandbreakfasts.org hosts thousands of visitors and gives them a direct link to your inn. The site also includes a blog to share specials and community events in your area to further promote the individual efforts of MBBA members.
- We produce an annual guidebook with each member featured with description and full color photo. This guidebook is distributed through the Minnesota Office Of Tourism travel centers, as well as chambers, CVBs, libraries, coffee shops and, of course, member inns. Circulation is 21,000.
- Our connection with other state associations helps us keep abreast of trends in the industry and stay competitive on a national level.
- We offer a gift certificate program whereby consumers can purchase the opportunity to choose from the fine roster of Quality Assured MBBA members and experience a quality stay in Minnesota. Participating innkeepers receive 90% of the value and don’t have to pay credit card fees or promotion or handling.
- We search for grant funding to help support our organization and keep your dues low. For the past five years we have applied for and received a state grant that helps support the guidebook, as well as sell advertising in the guidebook.
- Our collaborations with various governmental divisions and advocacy organizations increase the likelihood of network and coalition partnerships for our members. Recent connections include the study of sustainable tourism in Minnesota and also the study of vacation rentals and how it affects our industry.
- Partnerships with private companies like Velocity Payment Systems (credit card processing) MBBA endorsed providers offer incredible service and pricing to our members and also give MBBA financial advantages.
We create a forum
- We recognize your need to connect with other innkeepers to discuss issues and challenges you face, and to celebrate your achievements. We encourage regional associations with board members representing all five regions of the state.
- We provide members with e-mail newsletters each month.
- We hold an Annual Conference that includes sessions and workshops on a range of topics currently relevant to our industry and invite vendors who cater to our industry to show-off their products and/or services.
We offer professionalism
- The Minnesota Bed and Breakfast Association is dedicated to professional standards of quality in the accommodations offered, security provided and professionalism of service and operations. While we recognize the need to protect the independence and individualism of bed and breakfast properties, we also acknowledge the importance of adhering to basic standards in terms of guest comfort and safety and host professionalism and integrity. The Quality Assurance or QA program endeavors to assure the traveling public that the approved B & Bs meet or exceed the standards of quality endorsed by the organization.
- We offer workshops and sell workbooks to aspiring innkeepers striving to honestly represent the complications and details of this most labor intensive business.
We look to the future
- We intend to keep you abreast of trends, changes, legislation and data that will keep you in top shape to serve your guests.
- This website was launched in June 2009, and under-went a massive redesign in 2015. A company specializing in our industry was contracted for this exciting new venture-even more spectacular than our prior successful site. Agressive "response technology" and search engine optimization has been implemented.
- We support a national industry study by encouraging our members’ participation in the efforts of a national association’s work. (Professional Association of Innkeepers International).