There’s no doubt that Duluth is a fantastic destination for a variety of sports and outdoor recreation. There are nearly endless miles of wooded trails for hiking and biking and exploring. Couple with the stunning shores of Lake Superior, Duluth has something for just about everyone. However, there’s much more to this exciting destination than the great outdoors. Underneath the rugged charm that Duluth is so famous for, you’ll find a cultural center that boasts an outstanding arts community, a vibrant history and culture to explore, and plenty of delicious restaurants just waiting to fuel you up for your next adventure. Book your room at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast today, and discover Duluth’s Best Restaurants this winter.
Best Restaurants in Duluth
If there’s one thing to know about Duluth, it’s that under all of Duluth’s rugged exterior is a city full of surprises. Duluth restaurants are no exception. Throughout Duluth’s many restaurants, you’ll find a little bit of everything, including a rustic or retro eatery, a craft brewery, artisanal cocktails, locavore eats, food trucks, romantic views, and fine dining. Here are our favorite places to eat in and around Duluth. Let us know your favorites, too!
- The New Scenic Cafe is a true haven for foodie’s in Duluth. Depending on what’s in season, you’ll find that the flavors and offerings change constantly. You won’t be disappointed.
- If you’re looking for a great place to grab lunch, don’t miss the Northern Waters Smokehaus. Here, you will undoubtedly find the best sandwich of your life, along with some delicious smoked meats and fish to take with you.
- If you’re out and about during the day, stop by one of Duluth’s most popular food trucks, Chow Haul. The grilled chicken banh mi or peanut butter-jalapeño wontons are quite popular.
- The Bling Pig, housed in Duluth’s historic City Hall from the 1890’s, is a delicious gastropub and alehouse. They feature Brewhouse craft beer & locally raised pork and beef.
- JJ Astor Restaurant is a spectacular place to go for a romantic, fine dining experience with an incredible, rotating views of downtown Duluth and Lake Superior.
- Va Bene Berarducci’s Cafe is one of our favorite places for a romantic dinner. Not only is the food exquisite, but its location on the lakewalk overlooking Lake Superior is superb.
- Tavern on the Hill is popular with the locals, and a great place to sample local cuisine amongst those who understand Duluth at its best.
You can’t–or shouldn’t–enjoy great food in Duluth without at least a few tastes of some of our regionally famous craft brews. The best places to do this are at Bent Paddle Brewing, Blacklist, Canal Park Brewing Company, and Fitgers. Now that your mouth is watering, book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast in Duluth, so you can start making your dinner plans!