Afton Village Holiday Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, 2012
The charming St. Croix river town of Afton, MN, will be transformed into a winter wonderland for its annual “Village Holiday” event, November 30 and Dec. 1, 2012. “Village Holiday,” presented by the Afton Area Business Association, features two days of festive, old-fashioned fun.
CANDLELIGHT LIGHT, Friday November 30, 5 to 8:30 p.m. Starting at 5 p.m., the village of Afton will “light up” with festive lights and torches. This romantic evening includes:
– Free horse and carriage rides
– Festive shopping with special discounts and complimentary treats and beverages. Participating shops include Creative Cottage, Baglio’s of Afton, Chelsea Rose Antiques, Squire House Gardens, JJ’s Boutique, and Afton Leather.
– Complimentary wine tasting at Swirl Wine Shop
– Afton Museum – Help decorate the holiday tree (bring an ornament) plus complimentary refreshments
– Free chair massages at Calla Lily Day Spa
– Strolling carolers
– Live music at Sail Away Café
– Food/drink specials at the Afton House, Sail Away Cafe and Current
– Complimentary Cookies and Cider at Afton House Inn
– Complimentary old-fashioned mulled wine at Squire House Gardens
– Home baked treats, cider and cocoa at Afton Care Senior Homes
– Complimentary Ginger Cookie S’mores and coffee at Selma’s Ice Cream Parlour
FAMILY DAY, Saturday December 1, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. is packed with fun for the whole family. Events include:
– Breakfast and photos with Santa plus frame decorating at the Historic Afton House Inn
– Kids Stocking Promotion – pick up a holiday stocking at Sail Away Café, the Afton House or Selma’s and collect free treats and toys at Afton shops and restaurants.
– Free Horse and Wagon rides (10 am to 3 pm)
– Old-fashioned kids crafts at Afton Care
– Strolling carolers
– Lunch with Santa at Sail Away Café
– Cookie decorating and holiday ice cream flavors at Selma’s Ice Cream Parlour
– Sample holiday entertaining food samples and complimentary homemade mulled wine at Squire House Gardens.
– Letters to Santa station in Market Square. Cocoa and treats.
– Festive hair tinsel hosted by Making Waves Salon, in Market Square (fee applies).
– Free kids Christmas goody bags kits at Creative Cottage (while supplies last)
– The Afton Museum – see our exquisite holiday train, face painting, crafts, refreshments and more.
– Taste of Christmas at St. Mary’s Church of Basswood Grove – featuring traditional Christmas treats to sample and buy, such as spiced cider, fruit soup, roomigrot, rice pudding, jula kaka, wild rice soup, cookies and candy. Plus a bazaar with unique gift items.
– Afton Historic Walking Tour (Pick Up a Map at Afton Museum)
– Live music at Sail Away Café (starts at 6 pm)
– Open Skating at St. Mary’s Point Arena (6:15 to 8:15)
– Taste of Christmas at St. Mary’s Church Basswood Grove – Bake sale, traditional holiday food, craft bazaar
Guests are asked to please bring donations for the 3rd annual Afton/Lakeland Girl Scouts Mitten Tree, located in front of Baglio’s. Warm hats, coats, mittens and scarves will be donated to Valley Outreach, serving area families in need.
Afton Village Holiday is Sponsored by Windmill Marina, Lighthouse Yacht Sales, Xcel Energy, New Horizons Academy Oak Park Heights, Kitchens of Stillwater and the Pioneer Press.
For more information on Village Holiday, visit www.aftonholiday.com